- Study client's business context and IT landscape.
- Analyze gap between current and desired state.
- Recommend solution options.
- Activate client-chosen solution option on a pilot basis for early feedback.
- Launch full-fledged solution.
Jokes apart, there are couple of differentiators that I have tried to capture in this methodology:
- Instead of studying just business requirements, study the business context as there could be some hidden requirements that we would otherwise miss.
- Don't recommend "the" solution but few solution options for client to choose. Ideally we would propose three solution options which could resemble like fast-food, square-meal and seven-course-meal options!
- A beta version needs to made available to users before launch to seek their early feedback.