I was recently requested to design one day course on business basics. I thought of designing it as a collection of 10 questions (with answers!). Here are these 10 questions:
- Which are different forms of a business organization?
- How a company is typically organized?
- What do managers do?
- What does accounting and finance department do in a company?
- What is meant by operations in a company?
- What does sales and marketing department do in a company?
- What kind of work human resources department do in a company?
- How information systems are built and managed in a company?
- What is the role of Board of Directors (BoD)?
- Question(s) that you wish to ask
Please give your feedback on choice of these questions. Will they be sufficient to know the business basics? If not then which questions should be added? Can they be discussed in one day (6 hours)? If not then which questions should be dropped?